Florida Entrepreneurs Step Up To National Competition
August 2, 2017
Twenty-one Florida businesses are competing for cash in the American Farm Bureau Federation’s 2018 Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge.
This program is the first national business competition focused exclusively on rural entrepreneurs working on food and agricultural businesses. The Challenge offers a total of $145,000 in start-up funds.
The following Florida entrepreneurs have submitted applications under the program:
- Jenny Cowart (Bunnell, FL) with Andalusia Cattle Co. and Wagon Tails Ranch Rides
- John Lommerse (Sanford, FL) with Dutch Mill Nursery
- Donna Smith (Lakeland, FL) with The Smith Family Ranch LLC
- Dan Biggins (Tallahassee, FL) with Brewification.com
- Nichole Kirchhoff (Jupiter, FL) with Live Advantage Bait LLC
- Charles Alvarez (Raiford, FL) with Alvarez Farms
- Doug Smith (Sebring, FL) with Smith Agricultural Enterprises LLC
- Gayle Smith (Palmetto, FL) with Smith Family Poultry Farm, Inc.
- Patricia Sokol (Morriston, FL) with Sokol Vineyards LLC
- Jorge Lango (Tavernier, FL) with Integral Aquaculture Services
- Greg Frost (Tallahassee, FL) with Gulf Coast Tung Oil LLC
- Pat Grosz (Tampa, FL) with Positively Berries LLC
- Amanda Keeney (Myakka City, FL) with ANA Ranch
- Christian Ramthun (Tampa, FL) with Christian J. Ramthun, Inc.
- Jennifer Denney (Dade City, FL) with Denney Farms
- Tabitha Holt (Fort Myers, FL) with Grocery Hound
- Tina Phillips (Ocala, FL) with Phillips Bee Farm
- Anette Skoog (Citrus Springs, FL) with Skoog’s Sheep and Cattle Co.
- Justin Gregg (Live Oak, FL) with Southern Farms LLC
- Clayton Tew (Quincy, FL) with Two Frog Farm
- Donna Easters (Wimauma, FL) with Wimauma Roots, Inc.
A national panel of judges will announce the top 10 businesses in October. For more information, visit http://www.strongruralamerica.com/challenge/.