Florida Farm Bureau Federation has released the fourth episode of its new monthly podcast,.
In this episode, President Smith sits down with Michelle Williamson, a Florida native and huge voice for Florida agriculture. During their conversation, Williamson shares a glimpse into her agricultural experience and why it is important to be an active voice for agriculture. Williamson serves on several state and national industry boards and has firsthand experience with grassroots programs and the impact they have.
Tune in for a great conversation and enjoy her famous strawberry shortcake recipe.
Theis available to stream on Spotify, iHeartRadio, and on .
Michelle Williamson’s Famous Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
• ¼ cup unsalted butter
• 1 ½ cups of sugar
• 2 eggs
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 teaspoons real almond extract
• 1 ½ cup flour
1. Cream sugar and butter.
2. Mix in eggs and cream.
3. Add in salt, vanilla, almond extract and flour, mix well.
4. Pour into 8×8 inch pan, cover with sliced almonds and pearl sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350.
5. Tip: If baked a little less it is more like marzipan and less flakey.
6. Prepare strawberries and whipped cream to top fresh shortcake.