Farm leaders from across the state have been selected to serve on seven of the ten 2023 American Farm Bureau Issue Advisory Committees (IAC). These committees give members the opportunity to lend their expertise on important issues that impact agriculture. Their guidance helps develop national policy for the grassroots organization.
The following Florida members were selected by AFBF:
- Darrell Smith, Gilchrist County, Environmental Regulations/Water IAC
- Clay Lyons, Baker County, Budget & Economy IAC
- Jake Raburn, Hillsborough County, Ag Labor IAC
- Michelle Williamson, Hillsborough County, Organic, Food Safety and Direct Marketing IAC
- Ardis Hammock, Hendry/Glades County, Farm Policy IAC
- Liz Steele, Hardee County, Animal Care IAC and Vice-Chair
- Ryan Jenkins, Santa Rosa County, Technology IAC
Committee members may also testify at congressional hearings, communicate with the media, meet with lawmakers and help develop comments on proposed federal regulations.
The annual meeting of the Issue Advisory Committees will be February 16-17 at the American Farm Bureau’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.